Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Spicy" Turkey Burgers











I am not normally a large meat eater, but recently I've been all about the protein.  Chicken, beef, and, more and more frequently, turkey burgers.  I came home last night with a hankering for turkey burgers, and an urge to use the chipotles in adobo that have been sitting in my cupboard for a while, so - Chipotle Turkey Burgers!

I was not impressed with the spiciness of these turkey burgers, but that may have been from my laziness in actually cutting the chipotles into little tiny pieces, and instead choosing "chunky-style" turkey burgers.  That, or the fact that my favorite condiment is jalapenos.  Just sayin'.

"Spicy" Chipotle Turkey Burgers

Combine in a bowl:

1 pound ground turkey

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 tablespoons cilantro

1 chipotle en adobo, finely chopped (optional if your name contains double vowels)

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used regular, and it was still delightful)

1/4 teaspoon black pepper 









Smoosh it together into patties.









There are those big chunks I was talking about.

Then, put them in a pan over medium-high heat and cook them until theres no pink in the middle, and its dark on the outside.  Or at least, that's how I enjoy them.











Eat in a bun, on some lettuce, in between bread or just by itself like its a squished meatball!  

And then you end up with this -









And hopefully also a full belly, which would be more difficult to photograph.

2 comments:

  1. These will cure any ails you may have...not kidding. They are fo' reals one of the favoritest meals in our apartment.
    Last night, I didn't get home until 3 in the morning, and I was starving. On the long walk home I was thinking how I didn't have any food in the fridge and how I hadn't really eaten dinner and how delightful it would have been if something delicious was to magically appear in the kitchen...needless to say, as soon as I opened the door my nose told me something amazing had happened in my absence. I opened the fridge, and all of my turkey burger dream fantasies came true!!
    Thank you Liisa Murray, and bless your turkey burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Liisa--I've been looking at ground turkey at the grocery store but haven't purchased any because I was afraid it would be too bland. I'll try your recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete